New Business Sales Executive
Salary - £35,000 + Car allowance + Commission (£70,000 OTE)
Location - Primarily Midlands however there may be events further afield
Overview of the role
The New Business Sales Executive (NBSE) will join the established sales team and will primarily focus on identifying, developing, and winning new customers in the SME market where the company have already achieved significant success.
The NBSE will be enabled to develop customers across all sectors in the SME space; however, an appropriate industry sector focus based on past experience will also form part of the role. They company's success to date has largely come from good inter-personal relationships and industry expertise, and the NBSE will be expected to continue this legacy.
Reporting directly to the sales manager the post holder will be responsible for developing a territory and achieving a realistic new business target.
The following responsibilities and activities will form a core part of the role of the NBSE. However, the primary responsibility is for the NBSE to achieve a new business sales target through self-initiated activities and with the support of the company's team.
• Report to the sales manager as part of the company's sales team. Attend a monthly sales review to report on completed business, pipeline, and development activities.
• Partake in a periodic personal development process, and training, to build on your existing skills and expertise
• Develop new customers in order to achieve a new business sales target.
• Develop campaigns in line with the company's marketing to generate a significant pipeline of new customer leads.
• Lead continual virtual and business networking activities to become a known and visible presence in the SME space and in a given sector (to be determined).
• Develop opportunities based upon: Sage 200 and the Sage range of products, hardware infrastructure, cloud hosting, support, and services.
• Attend industry events and conferences to stay current with emerging trends and to provide a company presence.
• Be an ambassador for a specific industry where you already have knowledge, skills, and experience.
• Develop and qualify allocated leads and follow through to resolution.
• Ensure that detailed records are kept within the internal CRM for all client / prospect activity, and keep pipeline and sales information up to date.
• Develop customer proposals in collaboration with the company team, and the lead customer communications through to completion.
• Develop customer proposal and quotes in a timely fashion.
The following experience, knowledge, and skills are an essential minimum foundation for the NBSE role:
• Existing ERP sales experience (minimum 3 years) – ideally Sage 200
• Experience/knowledge of hardware / network infrastructure is essential.
• Experience/knowledge of Sage 200 Suite is essential.
• Sage CRM experience would be beneficial.
• Manufacturing software selling also beneficial.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to work independently under minimum supervision within a team. High team work spirit.
• Ability to organise and coordinate complex activities within interrelated schedules and timelines, to demonstrate sound judgment, task orientation.
• Ability to take responsibility for managing a territory to achieve target and key performance indicators.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• General business awareness.
• Computer literacy.
• While the NBSE will have general SME experience and in-depth experience in a given sector, a broad range of sector experience would also be a benefit.
• Knowledge and experience of complimentary Sage products such as Pan Intelligence, Sicon, and Eureka.