Head of Category
Salary: £55K-£65K per annum plus car
We are currently partnered with a global leading distributor with a billion pound turnover and operating in sites across the world, who are now looking to appoint a Head of Category to manage a team of Product Managers and drive the overall category strategy and implement change and structure where required. You will be responsible for leading our team and developing a product plan that will drive enhanced category performance and ensuring a structured and disciplined approach is taken to lifecycle management across all product ranges.
Responsible for a Product team of around 12 it is vital that this appointment will have gravitas and presence and can bring experience and credibility to the position.
This role would be a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Product / Category Manager who has people management skills, who is looking to take that step to Head of department. Alternatively if you have a wealth of experience leading teams and excited by the challenge of driving a large category team, then this would be a great opportunity to make a difference
To be considered for the role you will require the following skills and experience:
- Extensive and proven experience in category management ideally within a global organisation.
- Strong leadership skills and clear people management experience.
- Experience of implementing structured approach to product management who can bring a clear credibility to this role.
- Has worked across the full product lifecycle from cradle to grave.
- Experienced of working with marketing insights and data in identifying new opportunities.
- Well versed in working with high SKU volumes.
If you feel this is a good fit against your skills and experience, and excited by prospect of being able to make a difference in a large, global operation, please do get in touch today.