Director of Marketing / Marketing Director / Sales & Marketing Director
Salary: £58,000 - £68,000p.a.
Location: West Midlands
This is an exciting new role, working in close collaboration with the organisation's leader, who is keenly aware of the value of an effective engagement marketing and sales function. This role is a key senior executive post within the public sector.
The role is a specialisation and takes over from a senior leader who had a more general role and will build upon foundations already but take our marketing to next level.
The role will review and develop marketing and engagement, raising the organisation's profile and developing relationships with key stakeholders such as local authorities, local strategic bodies and working in partnership with the senior executives.
The key focus of the post is to increase subscription numbers with a blended understanding of promotional impact of marketing along with experience of managing sales. The Post-holder must be comfortable and able to relate to young people from differing backgrounds. They must be able to work in a lively environment and not simply a back office.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A qualification in marketing
- Ongoing CPD
- A successful and demonstrable track record of developing marketing strategy and operational plans in a large company setting
- Able to demonstrate success of increasing turnover and customer satisfaction
- A background in a people based industry
- Excellent presentational and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of social media communication and development of content and material
- Ability to demonstrate market research abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to measure marketing impact through KPI’s and return on £ spent
- Experience of successfully managing sales and marketing teams to deliver increased sales
- Personality absolutely vital!!- an enthusiastic vibrant bubbly team player with bags of energy; comfortable talking to younger people, but with the confidence and ability to talk to CEOs. Must have a warmth. Able to be assertive and lead when required.
- Not a clock watcher must be flexible regarding some evening and weekend work
- Immaculate personal image and personal presentation, in order to act as an ambassador but with a down to earth approach and not afraid to lead on the ‘shop floor’.
- Someone who is down to earth and works well in a team and is supportive of colleagues with a sense of humour, and can act as a 'cheerleader' for the team when needed. Someone who is resilient, target driven and who accepts accountability and challenge over performance.
- Passion and drive to constantly Improve but without being overpowering.
- Able to be tactful and persuasive in discussions and negotiations.
- Intellectually strong and able to analyse data
- Experience of organising showcase events and generating attendance
- A lively and outgoing personality
If you think you have the necessary skills and are looking for that next step in your career, or desire a new challenge, please don't hesitate to apply today