Business Development Executive (Internal)
£21,500 - £22,500 + commission/bonuses
Full time for 37.5 hours per week. Your normal hours of work are between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Mondays to Fridays inclusive with an unpaid lunch break of an hour.
In addition, employees may be required to work such additional hours as may be necessary for the proper performance of their duties without extra remuneration.
This post reports to the Assistant Sales Manager
The Organisation and their values:
The company is a leading provider of e-learning services delivering essential information for the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people, for the provision of duty of care and for legislative compliance requirements. Using their expertise and building on their philanthropic values they help organisations and people lead better and safer lives and fulfil their duty of care obligations.
Their objectives are to provide customers with an efficient, well organised yet economical service, yet at the same time ensure that consultancy services and training is made available to customers which are meaningful and relevant.
operating a service which offers quality and value in a variety of areas. Consequently, a system has been adopted which is structured in such a way as to comply with the requirements of Quality Standard ISO 9001: 2008. The aim is to ensure that customer requirements are fully met and implemented. Looking after the customer is key to their success. The aim is “to get it right on time, the first time and every time”.
Main purpose of role:
To identify new B2B business opportunities, pitching the company's products and services, and convert sales of varying cycles and deal sizes via multiple industry sector engagement. Build relationships with potential customers to understand their current and potential future training requirements.
Once established, the post holder will then be responsible for maintaining, developing and growing that relationship to generate further sales and secure repeat business.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role will be varied and cover a range of tasks. A selection of the key tasks involved are:
1. Research, identify and follow up activity generated by outbound calls and outbound emails
2. Develop an accurate sales pipeline and sales forecast
3. Meet sales targets / KPIs
4. Follow up leads generated by marketing campaigns
5. Plan and prioritise sales activities using the CRM system and maintain accurate and up to date information at all times
6. Up-sell and discuss other services
7. Establish strong working relationship with customers to achieve repeat business
8. Negotiate commercial terms within set guidelines
9. Overcome objections, raise quotations and close sales
10. Maintain records on customer CRM to a high degree of accuracy
11. Work with colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction every time
12. Arrange and sometimes attend customer meetings if required
13. Contribute to the team performance by sharing and implementing best practise ideas.
14. Understand the the company's delivery methodology and have sound knowledge of all of the company's range of programmes
15. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times
16. Follow organisational and departmental quality standards and procedures
17. Provide cover in other teams for periods of sickness and holidays as directed
18. Ensure that health and safety policies and office procedures are observed
19. Attend and effectively participate in team meetings and progress actions as directed
20. Participate and engage in performance management processes
21. Duties which include processing of any personal data must be undertaken within data protection guidelines.
22. The above tasks are not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by their changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Health & Safety
The post holder must comply with Company’s health and safety policy and in particular is required:
- To take reasonable care for their own health and safety at work and of those who may be affected by their actions or by their omissions
- To cooperate with their line manager to work safely, to comply with health and safety instructions and information and undertake appropriate health and safety training as required
- Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare
- To report to their manager any health and safety concerns, hazardous condition or defect in the health and safety arrangements.
- This specific role is office based and will require the post holder to sit and use standard office VDU and telephone equipment for prolonged periods of time.
Completed a broad education including GCSE grade C and above in English Language and Maths (or equivalent)
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Sound understanding of the 360 sales process – from initial contact to conversion, on-boarding and Account Management
Experience in B2B sales preferable, with a proven track record of achievement of targets
Excellent communication and relationship building skills with strong questioning and listening skills
Ability to quickly build rapport and nurture strong customer relationships
Strong negotiation skills
Experienced in overcoming objections
Competent CRM user
Good administrative skills with attention to detail
Demonstrate a good of computer literacy – with MS Outlook, Excel and Word
Ability to offer a positive solutions focused attitude to internal, and external, customers
Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to work to deadlines within agreed parameters
Ability to think creatively in response to incoming enquiries
Experience of working with those who may not find IT and other systems easy to use
A passion for learning and development desirable
Target driven, hungry for success and solutions focussed
Persuasive and resilient
Keen attention to detail and ability to adopt a ‘get it right first time’ principle to all activities
Commitment to continuous development and learning in line with business requirements
Have a very positive work attitude including flexibility and willingness to work some longer hours during peak periods as required.