Assistant Category Manager
We are excited to be working with a large B2B organisation within the Northampton area. Employing over 20,000 people nationwide, our client is now looking for an experienced Assistant Category Manager to join its ever-growing team.
I create & own the following in commercial
● The building of the factbase on the customer, competitors & market to support development of my category strategy.
● The delivery of category role and intent.
● Category range reviews and delivery of the end-to-end process.
● Supply base Strategy and management of supplier relationships, to maximise return.
● Negotiation of supplier trading agreements and accurate input into Dealtrack.
● Promotional plans and exit strategies with supplier support - negotiating cost prices and trading terms.
● Review and report on performance to identify areas of concern/opportunities and take appropriate action.
● Regular competitor analysis stores and web.
● Responsible and accountable for the maintenance and accuracy of pricing, POS, promotional activity.
● Collaboration internally both cross-functionally and within the group.
● I am an expert at the calculation of margin / adding and removing VAT and analysing sales and profit
● Systems knowledge of Advanced Excel, Business Objects, Google, PIM, Microsoft, Wintegrate, Hybris, Dealtrack.
● I am a role model and I apply the cornerstone values in every aspect of my job
● Take ownership and responsibility
● Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
● Resilient and positive through adversity and change
● Collaboration and communication
● Influencing - peers, and key stakeholders.
● I am a strong communicator with the ability to collaborate at all levels
● I problem-solve using my initiative and recommending solutions
● Ability to challenge the status quo and confident to push back when required.
● I have experience of delivering roles and intents and KPIs for the category.
● I have reviewed the customer, market and competition to provide the relevant information to support a range review.
● I have successfully planned and delivered a range review
● I have taken the lead at a supplier meeting/visits.
● Attended relevant trade shows, trade panels and project shops.
● I have worked with supply chain teams and understand stock measures and KPIs.
● Deputised for my line manager at key meetings
● I visit stores and competition regularly
● I have presented to senior management
● I work cross-functionally and drive strong relationships with key stakeholders