Equality & Diversity
ESA Group is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity in the workplace both as an employer and as a provider of services. We recognise and appreciate that every individual is different and our aim is that our workforce and service users will be truly representative of all sections of society. We ensure that everyone, whether a candidate seeking work through ESA Group, a client placing a vacancy or one of our own employees, is valued and respected and seek to provide all with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work, as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, social origin, family situation, political, trade union or religious opinions, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or age in compliance with the Equality Act 2010. ESA Group opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Accordingly it is our policy to adhere to the following:
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, and all candidates registered with us, will be assessed objectively; selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will always be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees and candidates will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of ESA Group will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
ESA Group is committed to ensuring that training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
ESA Group will not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate is submitted for a vacancy; or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for candidates. We will ensure that each is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.
ESA Group will not accept instructions from clients that indicate an intention to discriminate unlawfully.
In compliance with the Equality Act 2010, ESA Group will not discriminate unlawfully against a person on the grounds of a protected characteristic. We will accordingly make career opportunities available to all people regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity; and every practical effort will be made to provide for the needs of candidates, clients and staff.
To ensure that we are recruiting on the basis of competence and skill, ESA Group will accordingly safeguard that job specifications and adverts focus on the nature of jobs and skills required and avoid using any subjective criteria or language discriminating against any particular group, which may indicate otherwise.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our employees and service users are recognised and valued.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Equality in the workplace and between ESA Group and service users is good management and makes sound business sense.
- ESA Group shall adhere to such a policy at all times and place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
- We will monitor and review the policy on an on-going basis to avoid unlawful or unfair discrimination.
- Breaches of our Equality and Diversity Policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.